Thursday 8 October 2015

*Cocoa Brown | Passion Persistence Pink Event!*

Hi guys, I hope you are all having a great week.
I recently done my very first blog post! It was as a guest on 'Walker Girl' and the support I received blew me away! So, I am here today just sharing it with you all on my blog as well. 
I will fill you all in on what went down at Marissa Carter's #PassionPersistancePink Event on Sunday the 27th,    for the launch of the two new Cocoa Brown Products!




But first, let me introduce myself! My name is Aoife, and I talk and post about all things make up, beauty and lifestyle related. This is my very 1st blog post! So bare with me and of course, I am sooo excited to do it while my own blog is in process :)
To know more about me and see what I do, check out my other accounts which I will link at the end! 





So on Sunday the 27th of September, Marissa Carter launched her two new products. In true Cocoa Brown style, they went all out and held a huge event. Marissa demoed  her 'Tontouring' technique, Xfactor Make up Artist Julia Carta was there to show us a natural, flawless, glowy make up look on Marissa! We got demos of an Ombre lip by the dolls themselves Rosie Connolly, Tara O'Farrell and AJ Fitzsimons using Flormar Cosmetics, had Afternoon Tea, girly chats, spot prizes, and we got the ultimate #SwagBag to take home.


I can confidently say that this event broke every expectation I had.....it took me by storm! I mean what girl would not LOVE everything about this event. We got the pleasure of listening to all of those beautiful ladies speak words of wisdom and share all of their beauty secrets with us. They were incredible, and to say Marissa Carter is an inspiration would be an understatement!!

I just wanted to give you gals a little insight into my day instead of just purely a review of the two new products (which are amazing!). Needless to say I will show you them and what's inside my #SwagBag!

Here is a look at what I done with my face for that day! I LOVE Autumn/Winter Season when it comes to Make up, some of my favourite colours come into play and I'm not someone who is afraid to use them!! :)



Product List: Face Prep
MooGoo Full Cream Moisturiser
NYX HD Concealer in CW 01
Inglot Illuminating Powder in 43 to set concealer
Inglot Loose Setting Powder Translucent in 11
Eyes
All eye shadows are Inglot.
Inglot AMC Brow Gel in the shade 21 & Benefit 'Gimme That Brow' in Medium/Dark

So that's it for my make up list, I would genuinely recommend all of the above products to you all, I know its one hell of a list but I have been using them all for a long time and love each and every one of them. 
If you want to know more about any of the products, click on them, they are all linked to where you can find them! :) 


***************************************************

 Outfit Details! 

I am sure you are all just dying to hear me ramble on a little more, but luckily this section will be a little shorter! 
Here is a look at what I wore
For the run up to this event I was like a mad woman going through my favorite blogger's Instagram pages for style and fashion ideas. The outfit above is what I came up with and one stop in River Island sorted me out! I just LOVE River Island, their gear is amazing and so on trend!



And here they all are for you!
Black lace hem top - find it here
Grey faux suede skirt -find it here
Limited Edition silver diamante watch - grab it here
Black Boots with gold detail zip -  here
My Chain was from Claire's Accessories.
Happy Shopping ladies x

Above : Myself and the beautiful ladies Marissa Carter and XFactor Makeup Artist Julia Carta.

Below: Sorry about the outfit photo, me being me, forgot to get someone to take a full length one for me! ... 

And Finally... The big beautiful reveal! 


Marissa launched her two new products on Sunday and as always, she hit the nail right on the head! She pulled another beauty out of the bag, two of them actually!

She added these two gorgeous Bronzing Gels to her range, a shimmer and a matte one. One for night and day if you want to put it like that! Although, the shimmer gel is not too much, it's a subtle flawless shimmer, perfect to add that extra little sparkle to your day as well as night.
NEW! Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Instant Tan Bronzing Gels! 
Luckily enough ladies, scene it's almost a week later, I have gotten to wear and test them out as well. .... Girl was I impressed!
On the left is the Shimmer Gel and on the right is the Matte Gel.
Can I just add that these pictures do it no justice, they are so pretty in person. The perfect bronze.
For a quick run through about these two products listen up..... 
  1. Look at that packaging! How could any girl resist that on a shelf. Girly pink eye catching packaging, the shimmer gel has little stars on the front and the matte one has little polka dots. 
  2. As they are gel formulas, the application is very easy. You have a lot more time to work with them and they just glide on evenly.
  3. Again, as they are gels, they are lightweight and quick drying. Score! (No standing around like a spare part fanning your body to dry) 
  4. Just like all Cocoa Brown products, the bronzing gels are non-comodengenic. In English, they can be used on the face and will not cause any blocked pores or breakouts! So keep your face glowing like the rest of your body. I love this aspect of Cocoa Brown products, as I am one fussy bunny when it comes to putting tanning products on my face.
  5. Does it last?? YES IT DOES! It is wash off, but it is also rain proof. Hallelujah for that, no more tan running down your legs and arms! (bad memories...in the past forever) 
  6. Of Course, no dodgy fake tan smells with Cocoa Brown. The bronzing gels have their signature Cocoa Brown scent Tahitian Gardenia. I can smell it as I speak.... mmmm

Annnddd finally, they retail at €6.99 each and will be available very soon from Cocoa Brown stockists. My advice, click here and head to Cloud10 Beauty to purchase them because they are donating €1 from every purchase to the Irish Cancer Society this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. #Cloud10PaintItPink

If like me you are obsessed with Snapchat, then make sure you are following the Queen herself Marissa 'cartermarissa'. She is one snapper not to be missed to keep up with all things Cocoa Brown.


Inside the #SwagBag  was a range of fabulous goodies!! I got the new Double Sided Pink Velvet Cocoa Brown Tanning Mitt, the two new Bronzing Gels, HASK Shampoo and Conditioner, CO LAB Dry Shampoo, The Wet BrushPro, Flormar Lipstick and Lipliner, SOSU Nail Polish in 'First Date', a REVO Lip Balm and the First Aid Beauty 'Ultra Repair Cream'. As well as all that we got a Cloud10Beauty discount code and likewise for Cara Pharmacy! All of these gorgeous products were full size too! Fabulous job Team Cocoa Brown x


Guys, that is it from me. It has been a pleasure to write this post for you all. Thank you so much if you got this far, your heros :) I know it's a tad lengthy, I tried to give you as much info as possible without writing a book instead of a blogpost... but I really do hope you enjoyed it!

Here are my Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat usernames. Be sure to follow and keep up with me there, as I am always updating and I have a HUGE giveaway coming up in the next couple of weeks that you wont want to miss out on. 
Come and say hello x 
Facebook - Aoife McDonnell
Instagram - aoifemcdonnelll (3 l's)
Snapchat - aoifemcdonnelll 

Have a lovely week ladies,
Love
Aoife
xx










No comments:

Post a Comment